It’s that time of month again when the members of the DCC (Designer Craft Connection) blog hop and bring to you all different ways to decorate with a given product. This month’s wonderful sponsor is Smoothfoam™ and they generously provided me with 4 ruled wreath rings, of different sizes.
- Smoothfoam™ ruled wreath
- Americana® DECOR Chalky Finish, new life
- twine – enough to circle the wreath (following the marked circle)
- Maya Road zippers, blue and green, cut in length to wrap around wreath
- Assorted greenery
- Pom Pom flowers
- Recollections® wood die cut butterfly
- Americana® DECOR 2″ paint brush
- hot glue gun
- flat stylus
- Paint the wreath on both sides. Repeat when dry, and let dry. I wasn’t sure how the chalk paint would do with the Smoothfoam™; with two coats the colour is uniform and beautiful.
- With the hot glue gun adhere a piece of twine along the marked circle of the wreath.
- Glue zipper pieces at each of the marked numbers. I lined them up so the smooth side was touching the number and that’s where I ran the glue. I alternated one blue, two green, etc.
Tip: Use a non-stick tool, like a stylus, to act as a ‘2nd finger’ to press the parts you are gluing so you don’t get burning hot glue on your skin – like I did!
- Place succulents at every second number. Cut the length of the plant stem so you have just enough wire to stick into the wreath without poking a hole through the other side. Put some glue in the hole or on the end of the wire and stick it into the Smoothfoam™.
- I then added fabric, peacock feathers, pom pom flowers (that’s what I call them), and embellishment(s).
- Add a hanger, hang her up, and ENJOY!
Please visit the Designer Craft Connection blog and check all the other designers’ creations!