Put Circuits in Your Crafts using Chibitronics!
Using this Starter Kit from Chibitronics is the best way to begin your new adventure in circuitry AND Art!
With it one can:
- Make almost any surface glow, sense, or interact with Chibitronics circuit stickers
- Stickers are super lightweight, thin, and flexible
- Perfect for educators, artists, and novices
- Create electronic projects without coding and soldering
Put circuits in your crafts and artwork!
Thank you Chibitronics for sending me this great kit!
I created this great canvas in a few hours. So what did I use?
- Chibitronics Starter Kit
- DecoArt® media™ Texture Sand Paste
- DecoArt® media™Shimmer Mist, White
- DecoArt® Dazzling Metallics®, Iceblue and Amethyst
- DecoArt® Glamour Dust™: Crystal, Gold
- Americana DECOR® MAXX GLOSS™, Patent Leather
- Americana multi-surface SATIN™; chartreuse, flamingo
- white canvas
- Testors yellow enamel spray paint
- Karen Ellis stencil
How did I do it?
Paint canvas with Patent Leather Maxx Gloss. It glides on so beautifully and a little goes a long way.
While wet, sprinkle Gold and Crystal Glamour Dust.
I used painters tape to secure my stencil, and then using a spatula, I applied paste over the stencil.
Block off the area and spray paint the words stencil in yellow. I did this immediately after I spread the paste. The Testors spray paint dries almost immediately and the paste needs an hour or so.
Create a circuit, following the instruction booklet, on the canvas. I first tried to run a circuit behind but ran into a little difficulty so I revised the plan to put the circuit on the front and add a ‘moon’ ( the ‘moon’ was an accidental over-pouring of mold paste over a plastic cup. It dried in the bottom of the cup and I thought it looked like a moon. I’m glad I saved it!)
I think it looks pretty cool! I wonder what I should add lights to next? Any ideas?
Be sure to check out what the other designers have created on the Designer Crafts blog